In the face of all this, Kuroda keeps saying that, on the one hand, everything is on course, and, on the other hand, he is going to imitate Europe in applying negative interest rates to new bank reserves held at the BOJ.
The February 2016 issue of the Oriental Economist from Richard Katz incluses following reports,
- Kuroda Goes Negative on Interest Rates Monetary ‘Hail Mary’ ;
- Key Abe Minister out in Graft Scandal - Amari earthquake;
- Court, Electoral Battles over Base Plan - Bitter Feelings in Okinawa;
- Is East Asia Really Hedging?
- Economy Watch;
- The Big Dichotomy - Wasting Human Capital